- All enquiries regarding this policy should be directed in the first instance to the Privacy Officer at: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You acknowledge that Web Tech Mind - WTM collects and processes "personal information" (i.e. information that we can contact you with) or "demographic and usage information" (i.e. information that you submit, or that we collect, that is not personal information but is necessary for the proper functioning and billing of our service). Further, we may pass on your information to governmental agencies, including but not limited to courts and district attorneys' offices for legal proceedings and the prevention of crimes.
Collection of Personal Information
- We take your electronic privacy seriously. While we are the sole owner of the information we gather on the Website, we will not share any of your information with any outside party without your explicit consent unless we are required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law, cooperate with law enforcement or other government agencies, or comply with a legal process served on the Website, or court orders.
THERE ARE THREE KINDS OF INFORMATION THAT WEB TECH MIND OBTAINS ABOUT YOU
1. Aggregate Information:
Aggregate Information is anonymous data that Websites use to analyse trends, administer the Website, diagnose problems on the sites and communication networks, track users' movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use and to help improve the quality of the web pages. It may be your domain name, your IP address, or mobile phone network provider. None of this information is connected with Personally Identifiable Information.
2. Personally Identifiable Information:
Personally Identifiable Information is any information that personally identifies you. When you request and order, or place an enquiry from our website Web Tech Mind collects your contact details. This information is mandatory so that we are able to record the progress and the request of your order or enquiry, there will be additional information required to join the Web Tech Mind membership. As a Web Tech Mind member you will be offered promotions as they come available. We also record other information including responses to promotions. Whenever a page is requested from our web server, we record the time, date and URL of the request, along with information on the browser software that is being used. This information is collected to provide valuable research in better understanding the preferences of our members and to enable us to better target our communications, including promotions
3. Use and Disclosure:
We may share Aggregate Information with our partners and advertisers. We will not share your Personally Identifiable Information with any third party unless we have obtained your expressed consent to do so. An "opt-out" option will always be made available to you with all communication.
Our use for your Personally Identifiable Information can include:
- To notify you of upcoming promotions;
- To identify you if you are subscribed to the Web Tech Mind.
- We will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information about you without your express consent unless we believe it is necessary:
WHERE IT IS REQUIRED BY LAW
- To provide you with services which you have requested;
- Administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- To implement our terms of service;
- To protect our rights or property or those of any Website user, or any member of the public;
- To lessen a serious threat to a person's health or safety;
- Website Service Updates;
- For the purposes set out above we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Web Tech Mind. Where appropriate, these disclosures are subject to privacy and confidentiality protections. The organisations to which we disclose information include:
OUTSOURCED SERVICE PROVIDERS WHO MANAGE THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE TO YOU, INCLUDING:
1. mailing systems;
2. billing and debt-recovery functions;
3. information technology services;
4. online payment gateways;
5. connected third parties;
6. web hosting provider;
- your representatives (e.g. your authorised representatives or legal advisers);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
Other telecommunication and information service providers; and our related companies.
DATA QUALITY AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL
- We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Stored data is encrypted when possible.
- Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
- If you have an account with us, note that you must keep your username and password secret.
- Authorised employees and contractors will have limited access to your personal information where it is necessary to enable them to perform relative functions. Web Tech Mind and our associated agencies and companies are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES:
- This Website may contain links to other sites where we cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of each Website that collects Personally Identifiable Information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Website (WebTechMind.com).
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION:
Further information on the National Privacy Principals (NPPs) and The Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2002; visit the Australian Federal Privacy
Commissioner's Website at www.privacy.gov.au.